MODX is a friendly, easy-to-use and extremely powerful content management system (CMS) used by thousands of websites, large and small. It’s flexible and fast—the ideal solution for many business websites. But MODX is just a tool for building and managing your website, and setting up MODX correctly requires not only MODX experience, but general web design skills.
If your business is using MODX to manage and host your website, Ty the Web Guy can help with the following services:
- MODX installation and setup
- Designing websites in MODX
- Website review to ensure everything is configured correctly
- Just about anything else related to MODX or websites! :-)
Designing and maintaining a website takes a lot more than just dumping content into a CMS. Usability and accessibility are also very important. Your website needs to be designed so it’s found by search engines like Google, which requires a lot of SEO knowledge. You’ll probably want to advertise your business using paid search advertising, and build custom landing pages for AdWords campaigns, radio advertising, print ads, and more. That gets people to your website but you also need web pages to display quickly, so the site needs to be programmed so it performs well. Most studies today show that pages must load within 1-3 seconds or those future customers will leave your site with frustration. But it doesn’t end there. Once they stay on your site they need to quickly find what they’re looking for, which requires content that is engaging and relevant to your customer–not your business.
Help With all Your Website Needs:
- Visual design of your website
- High performance website configuration, so pages load fast
- Search engine optimization (SEO) to get listed on Google
- Paid search advertising, so people see your ad at the same time they’re searching for what your company offers
- Relevant landing page designs
- Copywriting that connects with your visitors
- Web analytics to get a better picture of who’s visiting and what they’re looking at
- Responsive web design so your website works on mobile phones and tablets
- Web usability and accessibility, so everyone is able to navigate and use your site with ease
Is MODX the Right CMS for Me?
MODX is just one of several popular CMS solutions, such as WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal (just to name a few). Instead of trying to bend a CMS to meet your needs, it’s better to match up a CMS with your specific requirements. MODX is great for sites with custom design because you can easily manage your content and tweak the visual appearance. WordPress is a good choice for blogging or if you want a pre-designed theme to plug in for the look-and-feel. Joomla is well-suited for portals, and Drupal is a good CMS framework if you need to build web applications or want total controls over the site. If your business is located in the Sacramento area and using MODX, I can help ensure you’re maximizing the benefits of using MODX for your website content management system.